For your company, information systems monitoring means:
• we keep track of the reliability of network devices by monitoring the workings of interfaces, the network device processors, and resource usage;
• we monitor the reliability of network services (SMTP, POP3, HTTP, NNTP, PING etc.);
• we monitor the reliability of servers – disk system fulfilment, device workload, and the applications running on the server;
• we monitor the system processes and application logs;
• we gather statistical information regarding devices in order to pre-empt bottlenecks;
• we keep track of printer functions;
• we identify bottlenecks in server resources;
• we track backup functions.
This list of monitored devices and services is not exhaustive – we will arrange it all especially for you.
How does proactive information system monitoring function technically?
For early detection of possible faults, the monitoring server contacts the monitoring agent in the client’s server at 5-15 minute intervals.
For any problems, we will react within the timeframe specified in the contract.